Transfer Station Tip Fees
Users first weigh their vehicles at the scalehouse prior to dumping their garbage on a tipping floor. The vehicle then gets weighed-out at the scalehouse to determine the weight of the waste dumped. The cost is calculated and deducted from an established account or payment by check is required at that time. Click on "Setting Up A Transfer Station Account" for more information regarding payments. Cash and credit cards are not accepted.
Tipping Fees Decreased as of February 1, 2013 - On February 1, 2013, the tipping fees charged for the disposal of most solid waste types at the MCMUA transfer stations was decreased by $2.00/ton. Additionally, the use of historic special waste type 10C (non-regulated medical waste) has been eliminated and the MCMUA currently accepts this type of non-regulated medical waste as type 10 waste with the corresponding $93.92/ton tip fee. Finally, type 27 (non-hazardous industrial waste) is now also charged the same tip fees as other waste types as the tipping fee was decreased from the 2011 tipping fee of $127.47/ton to $93.92/ton. Waste type 27 (non-hazardous industrial waste) may require pre-approval prior to acceptance. See the tipping fee chart below for details.
Materials Accepted and Fees (effective Feb. 1, 2013)
- $93.92/ton - Type 10 (municipal, residential, commercial,industrial)
- $93.92/ton - Type 13 (bulky)
- $93.92/ton - Type 13C (construction and demolition)
- $93.92/ton - Type 23 (vegetative)
- $93.92/ton - Type 25 (animal processing)
- $93.92/ton - Type 27 (non-hazardous industrial)*
- $200.00/ton - Tire Recycling only at the Parsippany transfer station on Saturdays.
Tires can be automobile or truck tires up to tractor trailer sized tires and they can be on or off the rim.
- All disposal fees listed include the $3.00/ton New Jersey recycling tax that took affect on April 1, 2008. Click here for more information on this N.J. Recycling Tax.
- All disposal fees include a host community benefit of approximately $5.15/ton. The host community benefit is comprised
of a $4.50/ton benefit paid directly to the host communities plus a 10% discount on the waste the two host municipalities tip at the transfer station.
This 10% discount spread amongst all the tons tipped at the transfer stations ranges from approximately
$0.60/ton to $0.70/ton and fluctuates based on the relative amount of waste tipped by the host communities versus the tonnages
from all the other transfer station customers.
Announcements Regarding Pricing and Tipping Fees
- December 20, 2012 - Notice of $2.00/ton tipping fee decrease to $93.92/ton for all waste types.
- December 8, 2011 - Notice of tipping fee increase to $95.92/ton for most waste types; transfer station holiday schedule for 2012.
- December 8, 2010 - Notice of 2011 tipping fee increase to $94/ton for most waste types.
- October 9, 2009 - Notice of four percent tipping fee increase to $90.38/ton for most waste types announced for 2010.
Notice of 3.00/ton tipping fee increase to $86.90/ton for most waste types.
This increase was due to the state's imposition of $3/ton recycling tax that took affect on April 1, 2008.